Salary: $40,000 a year
Job Type: Part-time Associate Minister
Part-Time Job Description
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Associate Minister
About El Portal Church of Christ
El Portal Church of Christ is passionate about being real and different so that we can make a real impact in El Sobrante, CA, and the surrounding communities.
Associate Minister Position Overview
El Portal Church of Christ seeks an effective communicator, self-motivated leader, and team player to come alongside the Senior Minister. The primary responsibilities are to support the Senior Minister by sharing the Sunday teaching load and ministerial care responsibilities, and supervision of church ministries. The goal is to help grow disciples and encourage the local body of believers to follow Jesus Christ and fulfill the church’s mission.
Reporting: The Associate Minister will be supervised and mentored by the Senior Minister
- Share the preaching and teaching duties with the Senior Minister to develop the congregation of believers and create a welcoming environment for visitors.
- Assist and work cooperatively with Senior Minister, paid staff, and volunteers to firm up our infrastructure and develop leaders that will exhibit Godly character, competence, and commitment to the work.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with mission organizations supported by ELPCOC.
- Attend Leadership/Board meetings as directed by the Senior Minister.
- Take advantage of educational opportunities to enhance Ministerial skills and develop spiritual gifts.
- Be willing to accept other responsibilities/duties assigned by the Senior Minister.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid Biblical knowledge and the ability to effectively preach it and teach it (in small and large group settings). Strong written communication skills.
- Good people skills and ability to relate well to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Track record of equipping people for ministry. Possess a vision and strategy for disciplining.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Strong administrative skills, organized, process-oriented with attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve, work independently and execute with minimal oversight
- Good computer skills and comfortable with digital devices and platforms
- Team player with the strongest desire to serve the youngest in our congregation
Beliefs, Morals, Character traits
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ demonstrates this commitment by reflecting grace and love in leading a healthy devotional and moral lifestyle.
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for the office of Minister
- Become a member of El Portal Church of Christ (El Sobrante, CA), submit to leadership, have strong biblical knowledge and adherence to Scripture, doctrinal statements, and core values of El Portal Church of Christ (ELPCOC).
- Possess an attitude and communication style that reflects the understanding of servant leadership; with a teachable spirit.
- Exhibits consistent pattern of love and the attributes that reflect an emotionally and spiritually healthy, well-balanced individual (e.g., good-willed, cooperative, conscientious, flexible, growing, humble)
- Possess good standing with former churches and has a good testimony with all former supervisors
- Approachable, self-motivated, optimistic, enthusiastic
- Profound affection and respect for the Bible; a heart that breaks over people who need to draw close(er) to Jesus, and a burden to equip them to become fully alive in Christ.
- Degree from Bible college or seminary preferred; or two or more years related experience and/or training.
- Salary Only: $40,000 (Part-time)
Benefits – None
Housing – No Parsonage or Housing Allowance
- To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume
- Applications close (date)
Job Type: Part-time Associate Minister
Schedule: (Set by Senior Minister)
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please submit your updated Resume and Sermon links to email@example.com